As we look ahead toward the future, we realize that private industry must provide leadership to truly arrive at a system of care in our nation that is patient centered and that leverages technology to improve quality and efficiency. The Sullivan Institute for Healthcare Innovation is industry’s answer to this challenge and is working to unite industry efforts.
Named in honor of The Honorable Louis W. Sullivan, M.D., The Sullivan Institute for Healthcare Innovation’s goal is to transform healthcare delivery through the creative application of innovation and technology.
The following key initiatives have been identified as the initial focus of the Sullivan Institute for Healthcare Innovation’s strategic framework for action.
- Build a Network of Innovation Centers to Facilitate Technology Transfer
- Conduct Research on New Innovations and Assist Innovations to Market Faster
- Develop a Central Hub for Consumer Health IT Literacy
- Create a Model Health IT Curricula for Medical Schools
- Launch a Patient Experience Council in Order to Guide the Industry Towards a Common Map of Patient Centered Care